Documents, necessary for the registration of candidate-adoptive parents:
- “Permission for adoption” issued by the Social Security Authorities;
- “Certificate” (stating that the candidate-adoptive parents have not been prohibited to exercise their parental rights) issued by the Portuguese organization or other competent authority;
- “Home Study” prepared by a social worker at the Social Security Authority;
- In case the home study report is issued more than one year prior to submission, an updated HS report or a document, confirming that there are no significant changes in the circumstances, described in the HS report is required;
- “Medical Certificates” for the candidates. In the medical certificate, the doctor's signature and seal have to be notary certified (so the notary's seal, signature,etc. should practically follow the doctor's signature on the medical certificate).
- Criminal record clearances for the candidates;
- Marital status certificate (for married couples);
- “Authorization of Representation” by the candidate-adoptive parents to Family National Association;
- Declaration of Information according to Art. 20, Clause 10 of Ordinance No.2/2014;
- Declaration about the characteristics of the desired child(ren) and the adoptive parents' motivation;
All documents must be sent in original and apostilled.