Specific requirements regarding the documents for inscription in the register that are prepared for candidate-adopters with habitual place of residence in Malta:
1. Permission for adoption – issued by the Director of the Central Authority of Malta in the form of a certificate of eligibility and suitability to adopt for the respective candidate-adopters;
2. Document certifying that the prospective adopters have not been deprived of their parental rights – issued by the Central Authority of Malta in the form of a certificate.
3. Home study report – issued by a competent social worker at an accredited organization;
4. Updated Home study report or a document certifying the lack of any changes in the circumstances described in the report – the authority competent to issue it is again a social worker from an accredited agency;
5. Documents about the adopters’ health condition – issued by a Doctor of Medicine;
6. Documents regarding the adopters’ criminal record – issued by the Police Criminal Records Office at the Police General Headquarters in Floriana in the form of conduct certificates.
7. Marriage certificate (for married prospective adopters) – issued in the form of an extract from the Public registry;
8. Authorization of representation from the candidate-adopters to the Bulgarian accredited agency that represents them;
9. Declaration of information from the candidate-adopters under Art.20, clause 10 of Ordinance No.2/24.10.2014;
10. Declaration from the candidate-adopters regarding the characteristics of the child they would like to adopt and their motivation for adoption;